Cluster Headache Videos and Clips

Friday, July 13, 2007


I thought that a post filled with various videos related to cluster headaches would be a better idea than require everyone to jump all over my blog for a post which was not labelled properly. This way also allows me to provide more information on what each video contains better than just adding them as links on the side. A central area will help to locate them, as more will be added over time. If you would like me to add one of your favourite clips/films or would like to recommend one, please Email me.

My hope is that more people will be able to have a better idea of the level of pain involved once they are able to associate clusters headaches to the levels of pain we are have become all too accustom too. It is one thing to put our experiences in print and another to show someone a cluster in action. Maybe someone not cursed with cluster headaches will understand why we are frustrated when clusters are mentioned in the same pain scale as Migraines, tension-type headaches or are told that we "have the same headaches that everyone deals with from time to time". Once seen, confusing cluster headaches with any other headache is nearly impossible! They are difficult to forget from either a supporter or a sufferer standpoint. Here is the WHO's Headache Factsheet. Here is the Printable copy.

Please do not forget to post a comment/ email the individuals/group that filmed these private moments. Nevertheless, be warned, some of the following videos show people in levels of pain that no one should have to go through.


An excellent commentary on cluster headaches by Jonnymule titled "The waiting hurts almost as much!" Extremely well put together!
Running time = 1:26



“A cluster headache in action” filmed by Tony Amabile from New Castle, Pennsylvania.
Running time = 8:57


Cluster headache from down-under by a gentleman named Daniel. I was unable to locate any more information than that. Sorry.
Running time = 0:46


And finally a little humour. I am cheating a bit as this next clip is an animated skit from an old post but is still funny entitled "The Drugs I Need!”. We could all do with more laughter in our lives!

Paul

How is it that our memory is good enough to retain the least triviality that happens to us, and yet not good enough to recollect how often we have told it to the same person?
-François Duc de La Rochefoucauld

Labels: , ,


7 comments

7 Comments:

very well done, again, Paul. Nobody knows your pain, our pain, my pain. We experience it so differently. And the onlookers, well, that's what they do, they look on, and they can only wonder; is it really that bad? Lucky for them, they'll probably never know.

By Blogger deborah, at 18 July 2007 at 05:50  

Although I am certainly not glad anyone shares my condition - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - thanks for putting these up. Amazing to view what I experience from a third person standpoint. The similarities are phenomenal. I guess I'm amazed that other sufferers rock around as much as I do. (I actully alternate from pacing to sitting) but the rocking, and the covered eye - christ - I've been there so many times these clips make me cringe...No wonder it freaks my girlfriend out so much.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13 January 2008 at 00:33  

Deb
I did not know you had cluster!!! This is a different beast than migraine! For years I went with the wrong diag. until I had nurses in the ER that had cluster and one doctor in the ER that did as well. I don't have cluster very often, but when I do my husband can tell by the way my face looks. My eye droops and contsant tearing and my nose runs. My husband and I call them the devils headache or cluster f***s. I can't handle them.
Thank you for putting up on video what it is really like. If I hear one more person say 'it is just a headach.' They have no clue!
Best wishes to all with cluster
liz
p.s. does anyone know how to put up a video, i have tried and it does not work

By Blogger PROUD AMERICA/LIVING LIFE, at 29 August 2008 at 22:37  

The video of Tony's episode is very like mine, and Jonnymule was right in all he said.
I've had clusters since 1973, diagnosed in '76, and every 1.5 to 2.5 years since, for up to 2 weeks duration (the group or a single headache), last one in 2001, so I'm overdue.
Always in the same exact place, 1" above my right eye, feels like my skull is splintering, completely consuming, debilitating pain, the only pain I could get suicidal about.
Luckily a single codeine works for me, though it kicks in about 5+ minutes after excruciating pain begins.
Discovered hanging my head down over the end of a cot while face-down helps greatly (>75% relief!) until codeine works.
I think mine are related to sinuses, one bad episode ended abruptly right after I blew my nose, and I heard a "girgling" sound as some air left a stuffed sinus passage, instant relief. Ever since, I always follow a nose blow with a "vacuum" effect to offset the pressure, it seems to have reduced the frequency.
Now I am fighting orgasm headaches, dang....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25 January 2009 at 19:10  

This comment has been removed by the author.

By Blogger roy goring, at 8 March 2009 at 11:35  

I started to suffer with Cluster headaches at age 30 they continued off and on for 22 years. I have not had an episode for 10 years however now at age 62 I am getting the all to familiar symptoms again. My Doctor Dr Kudrow a sufferer himself) said he stopped getting them in older age, I thought that this might be one of the few advantages of getting old. The symptoms are only a few days old so we will see, in my opinion there is no greater pain a human being can withstand and still live.

By Blogger roy goring, at 8 March 2009 at 11:47  

This should be really helpful to the who think they are alone and can not explain themselves.There are so many who suffer from various headaches and do not know how to stop them.

By Anonymous sinus surgery Los Angeles, at 22 December 2010 at 18:17  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?