Humour is reason gone mad

Saturday, June 12, 2004


I miss my sense of humour. It might be a little dry and I'm probably the only one getting the joke. I love saying things that are absurb in a way its taken seriously. I know I shouldn't to burst out laughing in someones face when they take something I intend as a joke as a means to start an argument. How can I not? I spend more time saying "its a joke", "relax", or "calm down" than having them laugh at the desert-like dryness of a wise-crack. Maybe if I laugh or smiled at it when it was being said might make it go over a tad smoother:) Ah, its more interesting this way and it is only funny to me :) .(If you need to explain the joke, then your audience doesn't keep up to date!)

I swear I must be setting some sort or record for sleep the last little while. Unconsciousness takes me but I feel no rest. The constant change of weather is a huge enemy. Pain, of course is another. Stress too is at its highest in ... well.. lets just say very a long time. The clusters are coming back to the 1am start time(I'm just talking about the nightshift folks). They've changed schedule on me! Used to be 3am, well lately. Part of the problem is that I rarely take my Zopiclone(immovane) anymore. A half tab now, instead of the usual 3-4(x7.5mg). I thought the exhaustion could be from those. However, I am reverting to sleep patterns reminiscent of pre-zopiclone days. eg no straight sleep, no dreams, always drained. Chronic pain is a 24/7 job and I need all the strength I can get to fight it. I leave you with the quote by someone I highly admire, Mohandas Gandhi.
"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide."
As anyone who is chronically ill knows, humour is one of your biggest allies, even though the bastard is sick and twisted. G'night

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?