MSG cont...

Monday, August 23, 2004


Here it is 3 days later & not only did the msg cause a cluster cycle but a migraine one as well. I haven't had this combination since I was unfortunate enough to first develop the cycles. I forgot the pain of a throbbing headache. Not to mention being nauseous all day. Thankfully I haven't been physical sick yet but I sure feel like it is in the mail.

I have all the windows & doors closed (the change in air pressure really aggravates my migraines) because a low pressure system has replaced all the beautiful weather we've been having with abysmal dark clouds and rain. Weather reports say not to look for any changes in the coming week. Since the weather is not co-operating I feel like a prisoner in my place, more than usually. We like to have are windows open as much as possible to enjoy the fresh air instead rather than the stagnant, recycled air of an apartment.

The combination is driving Mindy nuts. She's a prisoner too. Worried that by going on the patio or opening a window will cause me pain, which it will. Migraines can be triggered by changes in pressure but usually it is either from flying or mountainous drives instead of depressurizing a home. Thankfully this trigger can be 'control' with the help of antiepileptic medications like Topamax. Something I can't take of course.

One good side of this particular set of migraines, with patch pain is fairly minimal (I'm able to type this aren't I:). Just make sure I have some bread or crackers to keep the nausea down. Maybe I'll update later if I'm feeling better. Cheers,

Paul

There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.
-Mark Twain


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?