Reversed

Monday, August 16, 2004


Top of the very early morning to you! All is quiet and pain-free. My apartment is nice and cool this time of night. Wish it was like this all the time. This gives me the opportunity to study some more & take notes on clusters and chronic pain for my site. I've read a few of these books a couple of times. The bonus of chronic pain is that it affect ones memory. Old experiences are new memories:) Never a dull moment. Drives Mindy nuts because I keep asking her the same questions over and over.

I want to make sure I have as many facts, diagrams, & helpful tips as I can before I publish it. I include chronic pain because I chronic clusters. Really it has become one and the same for me. Besides with so many other Canadians sufferering from chronic pain as well (about11%-14%, far too many!), maybe someone out there can relate to my struggles, getting a proper diagnoses and finally some sort of plan to deal with it all. Originally when I started having pain I didn't know where to turn. I have found/find solice in reading other sufferers' experience whether it is in the medium of books or the internet. Helps to take away from the isolation in knowing that I'm not alone in my battles. I am trying to have my site try repay what others have directly or indirectly done to effect my outlook on my pain in a positive manner.

This this cycle is over! With only minimal damage too. Completely screwed up my circadian rhythm. Now my nights and days are switched. Not that bad really. Miss the heat and enjoy the night. Could be worse. I am a little scare on what will happen with my internal clock being changed.

Please no long, agonizing cycle. I beg you. Give me an aneurysm instead! Everytime something new happens I get bent over a barrel. Why can't I get a little bit of a break? Let me try to enjoy what is left of the summer. Hell, I have missed most of it.

Mindy is so excited lately. She won a $50 dollar gift certificate for burgerKing from Jackfm. And she is working on her own Message Board "Freebies for Canadians". It has areas on how to get freebies, contests etc... She has received so many things in the last month that the mailman curses when he comes to the door lol. Unbelieveable. I'm waiting for her to win a new tv or computer. Shouldn't be too long the way she is going. Please check it out, login and have some fun:) Everyone likes a freebie!

Paul

"Despite the fact that 11-14% of all Canadians suffer chronic pain, we misdiagnose, under-diagnose, maltreat and undertreat pain. We plague patients with unnecessary narcotics when there are better alternatives or we deny medications when they are needed. We try to determine the underlying physical disease... but ignore illness behaviour, and on the other hand,we miss significant organic causes and send the patient to a psychiatrist or psychologist."
-Dr. Angela Mailis

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?