Clusters AND Migraines

Sunday, September 19, 2004


Storms are wonderful aren't they? The howling wind. The pitter patter of rain on the rooftop or occassionally being blown onto the windows. Flashes of lightning and the kettle drum blast of thunder. And of course migraines sufferer with our ears plugged, lights off, ice on the forehead and a bowl within head turning distance.

Yup, its that time of year again... Migraine season. I can't believe how quickly our Fall came this year. Usually the weather doesn't drop this cold at night till at least October. Go figure. I think that spells trouble for us.

I don't know which I would rather have, assuming I did get a choice in the matter, Migraines or Clusters. Clusters hurt like nothing that words can describe but Migraines affect everything. The throbbing of the neck and head in perfect sync with my heart. The confusion & disorientation that mirror the after-effects of a stroke. Numbness in my face and upper back. Throwing up till I have nothing left in me and yet they don't stop. In a couple of extreme instances I have even been blinded by the migraines. It is an experience like no other.

I would choose having migraines over clusters though. Just because there are abortives, if it is caught at the right time and assuming $15-$20 a pop isn't too much to ask.

I don't know where I am going with any of this. Like most days probably no where. I need to free thought write for a bit. These things are sucking the life out of me. I am literally wasting away. My body weight is the lowest it has ever been. My ribs are showing through. So are my hips, collar bones, cheeks etc. Too make matters worse the Helicobacter pylori has been causing my stomach so much pain in the last few months. Everyday it feels worse and worse. Hurts to eat. Hurts to throw up. Hurts to drink. I'm going to be see-through before this goes away.

My dr. called about the tests I had done regarding the bacteria. He set up an appointment for this week. I know what he is going to recommend. Triple anti-biotic therapy for 2 weeks and then see how it is. One problem with that. I've been on it 6 times already and had absolutely no success. Considering the combination is 95-98% effective I think it's is safe to say that I am resistant to the medication. Stomach transplant anyone? He is very by the book and has a hard time understanding things he hasn't memorized. Maybe, just maybe it will work this time.

Paul

The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.
-Isaac Asimov

2 comments

2 Comments:

Paul... I feel for you dude... If you need something dont hesitate Ok?

Phil AKA Pegase

By Blogger Philippe Morand - Flyind Addicted eMarketer, at 23 September 2004 at 10:30  

Thanks Philippe! Appreciate the offer. Love hearing from you!

By Blogger Versilleus, at 26 September 2004 at 03:02  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?