Basically Back

Thursday, December 30, 2004


Well the xmas season is done, finished, gone. Couldn't come soon enough for me. I'm not a big xmas fan. Anyways, my boxing day dinner at my dads' went better than expected. The funny part was he got called away because a rock slide took out all the power to a couple of isolated towns. We literally missed him by a couple of minutes. I received a few things I desparately needed. Not too mention a pile of bathroom products. Needless to say I won't need to buy any beauty products, ever... Some may think I need a few more:)

An interesting study to appear in the journal Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery regarding a surgery for reducing Migraines. Involves Botox injections to find the problematic muscles & then removal of those muscles. Sounds interesting. I do hesitate when removal of body parts are required to minimize discomfort. If the surgery doesn't help the muscles can not grow back. Once gone, there are not growing back. That being said as a last resort it should be an option. We have to wait and see what other research will be done to support this.

I have had some experience with this. While going to a Pain Clinic in the early stages of my diagnoses I received 10-15 injections of lidocaine & cortisone at one time on multiple visits to basically determine if I did in fact have migraines. Which, at the time, was the general consenseus. My face and head felt like ones mouth does after visiting the dentist to have a tooth filled. The injections never helps me but I can see how they can help someone sufferring with migraines.

Paul
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
-Douglas Adams

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?