My Xmas

Sunday, December 26, 2004


Christmas eve:
Mindy & I enjoyed the night at Mindy's grand-parents. A fine dinner. Her grandma is a great cook! Have to get her to drag Mindy in the kitchen for a bit:) Other of members of her family showed up. I like her family. They are down to earth types, mostly. I still feel awkward around them. Been together a year & still funny around them lol. Go figure.

Mindy spoiled me with some grooming gear I was hoping I would be on the receiving end of:) Thanks dear! Her grandma & grandpa bought me a very handsome dress shirt with tie & hankerchief. Can't wait to try it on for tomorrows Boxing Day bash at my dads. We missed the dinner at my Aunts mainly for abundance of smoking which takes place. Sounds selfish but I can not risk having a cluster attack. Once one attack starts they never want to end. Sorry Auntie. No offence intended. I'll see them tomorrow.

I am not sure what to expect tomorrow. Probably the usual stressed-out, I-don't-know-what-to-say-because-I-don't-know-who-you-are-anymore or the same repeative questions I hear with every meeting. Feels like when we were kids & visited my grandpa Brodie. We used to hear the same questions on the few visits a year we were able to visit him. My family is not general close. Sometimes I think having a close family would be great. Others times I am not so sure. We'll have to see how this goes and hope for the best.

Merry Christmas!

Paul

It is not length of life, but depth of life.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?