Xmas & Parking

Thursday, December 16, 2004


So much for sleep. Been up for 32 hours now. For some reason the seizures aren't causing the exhaustion that normal accompanies them. Maybe the clusters have been so painful this time. I always say that. Luckily my memory sucks otherwise I might not be able to get though each new bout. I want to sleep!

Of course being this tired I made a bit of a boo-boo. I pushed a dvd to far on the dvd tray. Now the disk is lost some where in the back of the player. That is todays main goal. Take the dvd player apart and get the disk back. Probably should give the manufacturer a call so the warranty isn't voided out.

Ahh x-mas is in the air. One way to tell is by the amount of swearing and raised fingers being thrust out car windows from drivers fighting over parking spots. Everyone but the kids look stressed beyond belief looking of the latest & greatest toy. Buying for the once a year, extravagant meal that could feed a 3rd world country for a year. Maybe I'll get around to putting the lights up in our place but don't count your mistletoe. tis the season.

The better side is houses are light up and decorated. Salvation Army Santas in front of every possible department store and here on the west coast the ground is wet 'n soggy. The only part of Canada without snow for x-mas. I miss x-mas from the perspective of a child. As we get older the mystic becomes commercial. Commercials bombard us with messages for our love ones to enjoy the holidays & love us we have to buy $100 plus gift. And of course we need to buy something for ourselves also. What a crock! The commercialization has killed any meaning it once had. In my humble opinion, and I have alot of those, x-mas should be without gifts. Make it more of a get together of family and friends without the expectation of receiving. Think about it. How much stress around this time of year is caused by finding the 'perfect gift' when you know a possession is just a thing. Useless and uncaring. However they seem to be higher valued than human life. Never put loved ones before something which can be replaced.

Paul
The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.
-Gilbert K. Chesterton

Paul

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?