Sudden Jolts

Sunday, January 09, 2005


Day 5. Or is 6? 7 maybe... Not the worst cycle ever recorded. Just annoying none the less. The attacks are very short and... well I'd like to say sweet but no cluster could be described as sweet at this high pain level. That is one thing people forget. The level of pain being experienced & when the attack is over, that is it. No more pain(till the next one).

For example, tonight an attack came during a nap (another pasttime a cluster sufferer should not engage in. Naps have a tendency to trigger a cycle) so hard I jumped out of bed & paced for a few minutes. Pacing is not something I due regularly during a cluster bout. However, in this case I made an exception. After I came out of the bedroom my eye was still teary & completely bloodshot. There didn't seem to be any 'white' left on my eye. My vision was blurry for a few hours afterwards. When an attack affects the my vision that always worries me. I know there is no damage & will fix itself in time but still scary.

During a cycle my sleep schedule is total shot. Some days I sleep far too much. Others none at all. Sometimes it evens itself out. Feels weird sleeping the day away without straining muscles or having a working heartrate. Goes to show the toll the body goes through both mentally & physically.

The sudden jolts from the pain is the hardest of all. Laying in a deep slumber with Mindy snoring off in the background like congested german sheppard(just kidding dear! I'm going to pay for that lol) then smack! A hand rushed to grab my eye before I am completely awake.(And it wasn't Mindy's flying night-time backhand for a change;) Believe me, clusters wake you up in a hurry. The only thing I can do is to apply an ice-pack and wait it out. Sometimes I'll throw on a movie or turn the radio on. Most time though silence is my best friend & my worst enemy. Slows the situation down even more. But listening and commenting can worsen the situation too. So if your loved one asks to be left alone or for silence don't be offended. This one battle which needs to be fought one-on-one even if the last thing we want is to be alone.

Paul

Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
-M. Scott Peck

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?