Usually Rituals

Friday, February 18, 2005


The pre-cluster attack ritual for myself. Before an attack the usually symptoms come by for a visit. A zombie like state where reality takes longer than no normal to click in. May as well be an eternity. Sure feels like time is standing still. An overly creative process then starts. Sometimes this comes first. A lot of the time I want to use this time to code or work in Photoshop. Maybe do some drawing. Whatever. Just the artsy fartsy kind of thing.

Then my mood changes to my ever increasing grumpy state. Probably the worst of the bunch. Even worse than the pain. I believe moods cannot be generally controlled though what pops out of my mouth can. Better to be quiet than snappy for me. Afterwards my hands and feet become terribly cold. Mindy won't let me near her(she is the best at warming me up). There is nothing I can do to warm up apart from having a steaming‚ hot bath. You know the type where you come out looking like a freshly boiled lobster.(mmmm lobster) Some days baths can number 6-10 in a 24 hour period. I know. I know. It is a lot. However‚ it sure beats pacing and banging my head into walls.

Afterwards if the timing is right(timing is everything when battling a cluster) I grab a couple of icepacks‚ one for the head & one for the back of my neck and head of to bed. This strategy is what helps me to keep my sanity and live a life the best I can. Just wish I wasn't in water so much. My feet are becoming permanent prunes.☺

Paul
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
-Mohandas Gandhi

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?