Uh...Duh?

Saturday, April 16, 2005


At one time getting me to shout up for any length of time would have been a remarkable feat. Now there seems to be nothing remarkable about my silence. Today at the movie store would be a good example. One of the women who work was in a mood to chat. Something they(the employees) never seem to like to do. I would need the 'Jaws of Life' to pry them from the computer screen. Normally a one word answer is all I can get back from them or maybe a smile, And of course they are not the first to start the conversation. However today was different for some reason. I had the distinct impression of being hit on. That definately helps to boosts my confidence. Never a bad thing. Even if I am taken☺ I always feel so ugly and unwanted while enduring a cluster cycle, especially the longer, more painful bouts.

Anyways, she lead the conversation with recent movies she saw on dvd, at the theatre and then her favourite movies of late. I stood there like a complete idiot with a look of a 'deer in the headlights'. Followed with replies that could get Larry King to stop talking. Needless to say our 'conversation' did not last very long. Less than 2 minutes.

How horrible it is to realize my conversation skills have dwindled to almost non-existant at this point. My goal right now is to try and bring them back up to the level I was at before all this began. At least in time for my grad reunion in June. It would be kind of nice to make more friends out this way. Maybe I will try again the next time Mindy and I are down there.

Paul
The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?
-Eugene Kennedy

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?