The same, yet changed

Wednesday, September 28, 2005


Well despite all hours of packing, planning, restless nights worrying about whether or not we could find a place we could both good agree on within our price range. We decided not to move. Not so much compromised as I caved in to staying because Mindy likes the area. Even though the apartment, excessive noise, drugs and so forth cause me real pain and for the most I am not proud our place. For me that is important. The place I call home doesn't need to be luxurious but more of an extension of my personality. Where my stress will not be raise higher when I enter but rather allow me to know that there is a place I can unwind, study, tidy or whatever the case maybe. Lowering stress will aid in the battle with my chronic cluster headaches. Never thought we would be here for over 2 years. There have been some many times that we have been 'going to move' yet I backed off for various reasons. I admit the prospect of moving is not in my 'Top 10' list but the ends justifies the means.

I have no idea where I was going with that. Not even cluster related. Unless you count all this stress triggering my clusters. My neurologist started me on Topamax, for the second time, a couple of days ago and my thoughts have become a tad disjointed. Last time the side-effect were too much for me. Topamax was one of the first medications I was prescribed before I there was any diagnoses. Maybe this time with my current drug cocktail the clusters and seizures will decrease even further. At least decrease them enough to regain a little bit of independence back and hopefully some dignity will come back as well. That is the hope anyways. Worst case scenario is I will break out in blemishes and become excessively tired again. Sounds like fun, doesn't it

Paul

Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax
and get used to the idea.

- Robert A. Heinlein

1 comments

1 Comments:

My name is Maree Sneed and i would like to show you my personal experience with Topamax.

I am 27 years old. Have been on Topamax for 3 months now. Had severe debilitating migraines at least 2x a week. Had to stay in bed. I have a 7 year old. I was missing out on everything. Now I can get out of bed and get on with my day. I am down to maybe 1 migraine a month and it is functional not crippling.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
weight loss, no appetite, severe mood swings, emotional, yucky taste to cola, thirsty, thirsty, thirsty, extreme fatique

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Maree Sneed

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15 December 2008 at 04:11  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?