Finally Some Relief!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005


Almost 4 years since the start of my very own personal hell, relief has finally arrived. With the medication Topamax having been added to the cocktail of drugs, it seems to be the final piece to the puzzle. I would like to say I have been pain free or without side effects but I have only been on Topamax for 10 days or so. Perhaps a little longer. To what extent this will work out I do not know but a week of relief is more than worth it to me.

The other day I was instructed by my dr. to raise the dosage from 25mg to 50mg. Right now sleepiness has been a big problem since the introduction of Topamax. How it will adjust to this new dosage only time will tell. My body could be recovering from all the sleepless nights devoted solely to the pain of cluster headaches. The only other side effect, if it can be called that is I talk in my sleep now. And this morning I even spat in my sleep. Gross, huh? That is a new one for me. Guess that is what happens when we play with the brains chemistry. Still, the lack of pain helps ease the process.

Paul
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took
the one less traveled by, And that
has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?