Not bad at all

Friday, October 14, 2005


Well the past couple of days have been the worst since the addition of Topamax to my daily diet. The pain, like all clusters was unbearable. Somehow after a rare break from hell, cluster headaches always seem to come back even stronger than before. Making it seem like my very first attack. An experience I will never forget.Completely unprepared for that level of pain and not sure what to do. Sometimes a steady stream of pain can be easier on the mind. I named the sudden cycle after a pain-free or manageable period my 'wake up call'. For the simple reason, the mind forgets, thankfully, and then tricks me to thinking I may be rid of this dreadful ailment for good. Of course anytime I spend with out pain is exciting even if I am only using the 'free time' to catch up on some house work. Much rather be doing...well, almost anything except going through a long, drawn out cluster cycle. Still 3 days instead of every day is a welcomed change. As for them not disappearing, a little hope, patience, a drop of luck and a whole bunch of support will get me through it.

I have a appointment with the doctor next week. Most likely he will up Topamax and maybe lower some of these other meds. Getting a little tired of all the pills. The less medications altering my brain chemistry the better. Somebody tell me why every medication, excluding a couple of classes, cause drowsiness? Time for a medication without side effects. Doubt that will happen in the near future. One day perhaps. I know. I am living in a dream would. I could go on a huge rant about medications, drugs company's, testing and so on but not tonight. Need to make sure all my information is 100% accurate. Here is a question I would love to know the exact answer to. What percentage of medications actually stop an illness and do not just treat the symptoms? From what I have heard the number is around 15%. That appears reasonable to me though I can not find numbers or a web page stating this. I have heard numbers as low as 10% and as high as 35%. If you insight on this please Email Me or leave a note in my Guest Book at the bottom of the page. Don't be afraid to leave a comment or a question in there till I get the comments working. With any luck that will be in the next day or two.

Paul
Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer.
-Shunryu Suzuki

Upate: the comments should be working now. Give it a go and let me know what you think.

1 comments

1 Comments:

Paul,

I'm sorry the pain is back. I know what you mean about how the pain feels after a break. When I get a severe migraine after not having one for a while, it seems to hurt worse than before.

Hang in there!
Tracy

By Blogger Moogle, at 16 October 2005 at 01:38  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?