First Post of 2006

Thursday, January 12, 2006


I hope everyone had a good xmas and even better New Years. Mine was alright from what I remember. No, no drinking just sore and foggy from the Topamax. Now there is a medication I could do with out. Mind you, it did help with some aspects of my epilepsy but this was a case of the cure being was than the ailment.

Just before xmas, I met with the neurologist to see if the last course of treat was helping and to see if anything had changed. He would ask basic questions like 'what did you do last weekend' and not only did I not have a clue but I could not seem to focus on anything particular. Normally when I try to recall an event where specifics are few and for between I regress back to what happened on the days before and after. Usually this helps, not always with exact conversions but I at least I will recall talking with someone for the most part. While on Topamax everyday was like walking through fog. Thankfully, it has been discontinued as a course of treatment. My awareness has become clear, at least back to where it was prior to the days of the trial of Topamax. Strange how a medication works wonders for some and can make life more complication for others.

Now that I can think again I will be posting a lot more than I have in the past 6 weeks.

Paul

2 comments

2 Comments:

I'm glad that you got that straightened out, but I hope that doesn't mean that you don't have any preventive to help with the headaches/migraines and clusters. Best wishes, Paul.

By Blogger Jessica, at 15 January 2006 at 00:48  

No, thankfully I still have Propranolol(Inderal), Neurontin(gabapentin), celexa and the duragesic patch to help keep the cluster pain & frequency down to a minimum. Cheers
Paul

By Blogger Versilleus, at 17 January 2006 at 05:04  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?