Testing is finally over

Monday, February 20, 2006


After 2, 6 hour sessions I have successfully completed the tests to see if or how badly my brain has been damage from the accident with ethanol glycol that started the last 4 years of pain. They were quite draining. But there was one bonus I hadn't counted on. This was the first time in over 4 years a doctor has seen me during an attack. Normally I would cancel an appointment if the pain is to high on that particular day. But with having such a long period with him they might be able to better understand what I have been explaining all this time.

I have been told some preliminary result based many on the doctor's observations while he conducted the tests. He is pretty sure I have some cognitive impairment. To what degree he is not sure and will have to wait till the results of testing come back. After which decisions will likely be made on how to proceed. He is going to push my GP & neurologist to sending to me to St. Paul's Hospital in Vancouver for further testing as well as to enroll in their pain clinic. I hope it is better than the last pain clinic I went to. By all accounts the reviews are pretty positive from people I have talked to. Also he will be suggesting that a MRI would be a good idea just to check and verify what is already known.

Now the big question. Will all this help me find a job that I will be able to do on some sort of consistent basis? With the summer coming up it will be easier than if I started all this headed into the fall and winter months. Not my favourite time of year because that is when cluster headaches are at their worst, at least for myself.

Another problem he thinks I am having is that because I have above average intelligence(his words not mine) I am having trouble 'letting go' of the life I used to have with regards to not being capable at various task. This of course is causing immense frustrating on my part. It is almost scary to know my mind may never get back to the level of functioning prior to the accident. If there was any day I could have over, that would certainly be near the top of my list. Things will work out in the end. They always do.

Paul
Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
-William James

1 comments

1 Comments:

No, not yet. I was hoping the latest Rx would help ... and it did. Quite well in fact. The best to date, However, after a couple a weeks my stomach became very irrated making the Divalproex Sodium not stay down long enough to be effective.

Spring amplifies the effect the pain of my chronic cycle. I am not sure about more or less attacks in any given season but a stable weather system makes life alot more manageable.

Paul

By Blogger Versilleus, at 19 April 2006 at 21:59  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?