A New Day, A New Life

Wednesday, July 19, 2006


With this latest success in my health, every minute without the torment of clusters is, well, incredible! Not being tormented 24/7 is new completely territory for me. Well not exactly new territory as I have not been plague since birth with the affliction but more forgotten what life is like without pain. Too be forthcoming, I never thought I would ever again experience another moment without aguish ever again.

Over the past 5 years I have had to deprioritized my entire life. dreams, friends, family and so on will finally have a chance to be done. There have been so many experiences missed, & time lost. Plans were postponed or cancelled because I simply was physically unable to participate. And some experiences I was simply left out of, Personally I wouldn't want me around either, The parts of life that I have had to put off over the past half decade thanks to the fierce pain I may(hopefully) get a chance to complete.

With 5 years to make up for I am little overwhelmed. Excited yes, but overwhelmed nonetheless. There is so much I want to do and see. Maybe even make amends for regrettable things said and ways acted during extensive bouts of irratability the cluster headaches caused. Still that is no excuse. No time like the present to start my new life!

I have no delusions to think I am cured or will ever be totally pain-free for life but having, with luck, more than the seven days cluster-free is something I have so desperately needed. There could be a chance the extra time will allow me to better recuperate so I won't be exhausted going into every attack.

Paul
Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive.
-Mel Brooks

4 comments

4 Comments:

So glad that you are back, as usual, I was worried when you didn't post for so long.

Also, thrilled that your head seams to be working! I have no idea what a cluster headache feels like, but I understand how you can tell your cycles apart, with migraines and chronic daily headache (both of which has been amazing great lately), I can also tell my cycles apart. I skill that I'm sure both of us wish we hadn't developed!

:)

By Blogger Jackie, at 19 July 2006 at 21:43  

It's fantastic to hear about the improvement! I'm sure it will be a major re-adjustment, but what a great one to make. Congrats!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20 July 2006 at 14:04  

Thanks for the positive support! Its good to be back.

Paul

By Blogger Versilleus, at 21 July 2006 at 00:24  

Congratulations, Paul!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 July 2006 at 16:16  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?