A Bit of a Delay

Tuesday, August 08, 2006


Sorry about the lack of posts. Mindy's computers' NTFS tables became corrupted causing the pc not to boot and left the files unrecoverable(supposedly). The beauty about hard drives is nothing is ever lost even after the use of 'wiping' programs. Later which the remainder of the week was spent recovering the files and re-installed everything. After that, there was finally a chance to setup the hard drives I recently acquired prior Mindy's computer going down.

Strangely the experience gave me a sense of usefulness I have had in quite some time. It was nice to be able to resolve some more complex issues even if just for a short time. A bit of like old times, pre-cluster days of course. With any luck this is will be a positive leap to regaining my prior level of knowledge and increase my ability to focus for long periods. Since the clusters started there have been small steps but nothing like this. Before now, these issues have been too challenging from the stand point of not having the ability to focus for any reasonable length time or to absorb what was to be done. Now with the level of pain at the current state, it feels like a good time to start to regain some of my former self when it comes to advanced understanding of hardware, software and security of the information age without slipping far down the opposite direction.

As for the headaches they have not been as bad. The usual ups and downs but nothing too bad. Still, I am not quite used to the low pain levels but that sure beats trying to adjust to unimaginably high agony. The euphoria from endorphins after each attack are much noticeable since the pain level which normally accompanies them is far lease noticeable. I have wanted to write so much. The only drawback with this is that the inspiration almost always comes when lay down for the night. Prior to recently the pain would be too high and leave me tossing and turning for hours so I would stayed up. Now when the choice comes I choose sleep every time. However, I am sleeping a bit more than normal but normal was so broken and disturbed that it would not what one would call restful. It should not be too long before I have caught up on sleep and able to have decent sleep cycle. Finally nice to have nice deep, peaceful slumber without being rudely awakened by a 'hot ice pick through the eye' sensation. Could this be the start of the end for my cluster headaches?

Paul

A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.
-Leonard Louis Levinson

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?