A Headache of Different Sort

Friday, August 11, 2006


Figures, I was finally on my way to completing my re-installation of my pc when I made the mistake of thinking that it would not be a bad idea to run a couple maintenance programs to start everything off without issues. On the right foot as it were. Get rid of any erroneous files, fix the crossed-linked ones as well and arrange the data to perform optimally. When an unrecoverable BSOD(Blue Screen of Death) ruined my day. No Last Good Configuration, no way to access restore points which I never do anyways, no Safe Mode or recovery console. Just a bright blue screen. Game over! All of this was thanks to combining the latest version of Zone Alarm with running scandisk(chkdsk /f). Thank gawd for 'live' Linux distributions or I would have never been able to retrieve the configuration setting that take hours to finely tweak(yes I'm a geek!).

Luckily I was able to access another computer to research on exactly what the heck happened. By the amount of complaints on various technical and non-technical forums this seems to be a very common bug with no sign of being fixed anytime soon. And people actually wonder why there is piracy! I realize there is far more issues surrounding the piracy software debate. The software industry is a joke. Imagine if every industry was like this. A car blows up after the tire pressure checked or a lamp causes a complete grid failure when it comes time to change the bulb. Ugh! Very frustration.

I realize this has nothing to do with cluster headaches but I needed to let of a touch of steam before I blew up!

Paul
Am I getting smart with you?
How would you know?

-Dilbert

2 comments

2 Comments:

lol, that's what blogs are for to vent! I hope that one day, you have no more headaches to blog about, and all you will be talking about is your computer problems!

btw, I got your e-mail, and added you to my blogroll, did you get the one that I sent you in return? Feel free to add me if you would like. If you want you can e-mail me a jtaylor at memlane dot com

By Blogger Jackie, at 12 August 2006 at 17:17  

I can't wait until that day comes around! A headache or two related to computer issues is definately far more manageable and even enjoyable is a problem solving sort of a way.

Sorry it has taken me so long to add you to my 'Friends' category but I finally did it;) I don't know why it wasn't done sooner. If you know of anyone who would like to be added as well, please don't hesitate to have them fire off an email to me. If enough individuals truly understand chronic pain maybe the next generation won't have to deal with it. Now that would be something. What a time that would be! We just need to get 'the powers' to listen and comprehend just how destructive it is.

Sorry, I don't me to sound preachy. I am looking forward to corresponding ideas with you about how politicians and so on to appreciate chronic pain and not 'sweep it under the rug'. If anyone else wants to email me about this topic please do not hesitate to email me. My email is at the bottom on the page.

I hope your pain retreating as much as mine seems to be. My thoughts and wishes are with you.

Paul

By Blogger Versilleus, at 17 August 2006 at 22:27  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?