The Fall is upon us

Sunday, October 01, 2006


Fall is without a doubt one of the worst time of year for triggering cluster cycle as well as migraines. Spring has a similar affect, some say worse because on the instability of the weather. Most switching from a high to low pressure system each day. When one cycle or attack end the next will begin with something a seemingly ordinary as rain.

Carol Sveilich wrote an interesting article from August 2005 about Coping with chronic illnesses such a chronic pain. It deals initially with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia because individuals show no symptoms on the outside. The same goes for cluster headache sufferers and migraineur as well. Maybe if we develop a rash or bled from our ears and nose we might be taken seriously. Also the article goes into how someone who 'looks healthy' has to endure the critisism and belief of so many people. This can and usually does affect us mentally. Why should we have to spend so much energy defending ourselves about how a disorder has changed our lives just because we appear healthy and normal on the outside. In some cases a disorder have permantly altered the very fiber of who an individual once was to the point of being unrecognizable in personality and being.

For example, in the beginning of all this I was told more time than I care to remember that the pain was "all in my head", "its just stress" or my personal favourite "quite being lazy. You are just using it as excuse to get out of work!". Funny thing is the latter comment was made by someone has been suggesting a treatment that worked for her completely unrelated to clusters and insisted for the last 2 months that is would work for me. After politely saying them 'no thank you' I was told "You can't be that sore then!" in a very condescending tone. Some things never change.

Anyways that's enough for today I think. Here is the article by Carol Sveilich entitled The Mask of CFIDS and FMS: Coping With Chronic Illness and Pain. Enjoy.

Paul

2 comments

2 Comments:

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I hope lots of PF days your way!

Best wishes,
Sanna

By Blogger sandie99, at 6 October 2006 at 09:55  

well said, please read my own input on the subject on my blog, titled, "Hmm, do I have a headache?" sort of related to the same aspect! I guess some people will just never get it. Poor idiots. Lucky they, huh. Hope you feel well soon.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20 October 2006 at 06:59  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?