All's Well

Monday, April 30, 2007


Well, the surgery went well. No issues there. The after-effects took a couple of days to wear off because the doctor needed to use a higher than normal dose but its all good.

The clusters for the past 5-6 days have been virtually non-existent. This happened last summer too. For roughly 3 weeks I was without pain which technically knocks me out of the category of "chronic sufferer". To earn this nefarious title one has to has less than 10 days a year without pain. The fact that I have another 'break' for more than a day in less than eight months makes me wearily hopeful that I am on my way to more pain free time between episodes. With a bit of luck I might be able to tell precisely, rather than based on pain levels, when one episode ends and another end.

But I'm off to enjoy the seemingly rare sunshine. Any chance to go outside. Beats being stuck inside with an icepack taped to the forehead.

Paul

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
-Author Unknown

4 comments

4 Comments:

So good to see you back so soon. Hope you can get out and enjoy life without the icepack. Best of luck to you.

By Blogger deborah, at 1 May 2007 at 04:30  

Glad to hear you are feeling well! Hope it lasts!!

By Blogger Jackie, at 1 May 2007 at 07:07  

Just found your blog, and Thanks for sharing your pain, and your joy with us!
Hope you enjoy the sun!

A fellow ClusterHead

By Blogger Tefla, at 20 May 2007 at 06:57  

That's great news! Glad you're experiencing some pain-free days, and hope they continue to be a part of your future. I haven't had a pain-free day in two and-a-half years, so I can certainly appreciate how much of a luxury that is. BTW, I just found your blog - there's some great stuff on here! Looking forward to checking in more often.

By Blogger Unknown, at 24 May 2007 at 08:12  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?