Readying myself Surgery

Thursday, April 26, 2007


Tomorrow I go in for a double biopsy so the last day and 'til after the procedure I have to fast. Only clear liquids for me. The operation is basic with the only issue I have with it is I won't not be knocked out for it. The main reason being the availability of an Anesthesiologist. They staff will instead be using a technique called "Conscious Sedation". I hope won't remember anything. The last stomach biopsy I was able to recall bits and pieces but it wasn't overly uncomfortable. As a personal preference I would rather be out cold. On the other hand the effects from the drugs do not usually take as long leave the body, depending on the medication used.

So wish me luck and I will post again this weekend, cluster permitting of course.

Paul

"I learned a long time ago that minor surgery is when they do the operation on someone else, not you." -Bill Walton


1 comments

1 Comments:

Best of luck with everything!

By Blogger deborah, at 30 April 2007 at 04:38  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?