Dangers of Oxygen

Wednesday, June 13, 2007


Damn Interesting has an article about the dangers of oxygen treatment. The story is not directly about cluster headaches directly but still well worth read. 100% oxygen can be toxic. This may give cluster sufferers something to think about next time we reach for one of the few treatments that steadily works.

"It has also long been known that even at partial pressures, pure oxygen can be toxic–a fact with which scuba divers and astronauts are intimately familiar. Recent studies have indicated that the human body responds to pure oxygen, even at normal pressures, in a negative way."

Paul

2 comments

2 Comments:

Hey there... very interesting site, especially the videos that you have posted. I started to watch them, but since I have New Daily Persistent Headache (NDPH) I feel like I "sample" portions of that video almost daily, so it was too hard for me to watch. It really is good for people without any type of chronic headache or chronic pain to view though, you are right.

I am really popping through to congratulate you on having your site recognized by MyMigraineConnection.com / HealthCentral.com. Keep up the great work :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27 June 2007 at 08:14  

Congratulations on your award. Hope you're feeling well enough for the acceptance speach.

By Blogger deborah, at 28 June 2007 at 14:12  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?