A Migraine Central Award Winner!

Saturday, July 07, 2007


As some of you may have noticed or heard, "A Clusterhead Rants" was awarded one of the "top 10 of the web's very best sites dedicated to Migraine disease and headaches" by MigraineConnection.com. To be included among such prestigious websites is a great honour. Not to mention being the only site dedicated specifically to cluster headaches has truly blown me away.

This site all started as a way for me to gather my thoughts through the wee hours when clusters like to strike me. Prior to this, the pad and pen was my best friend. Since I type much faster than write, I am able to release more emotions. The more I wrote the better it helped me to understand what was happening. In the beginning, very few believed that the pain was real. Opening up is almost impossible with responses like "It's just a headache", ”It's all in your headache", "You don't look in pain", "Just deal with it" and so on. This blog helped me to vent my frustration over the whole situation. Not to mention the great feedback I received from others. For that, I will be ever grateful. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and most importantly, email or comment with ways to make life better. I hope you enjoy the site as much as have enjoyed writing.

I truly hope others will start to write about their experiences with clusters. Especially if you have a cluster cycle with great rarity. We would all love to know just how you and your support structure cope with this insidious ailment. The louder we talk, the better non-sufferers will understand our needs; with some luck help to improve the time of a proper diagnose. The more accurate the information the better chance we have of living life to the fullest and not just to survive each day.

The nine winners included with myself with a brief description are as follows in no particular order. All of which are worth a detailed read. Do not forget to congratulate them on their accomplishment!

The Daily Headache : A candid look at managing and living with headaches & migraines.
MigraineCast : The weekly podcast providing information and support about migraine disease and related issues.
Abi's Migrainous Wanderings : Wandering the vast reaches of the Internet to discover the truth about Migraine disease and expose the misconceptions.
Migraine Blog : Raise public awareness and assist migraine sufferers and their families with information, treatment options and a support network.
Her Life in a Nutshell : My experience with New Daily Persistent Headache (NDPH)...
Help For Headaches & Migraines : Writer and Patient Advocate Teri Robert's site, featuring Migraine facts and stats, doctor and clinic reviews, and fun Migraine quizzes and games.
Migraine Chick : One girl chronicling her misadventures in Migraine Land.
Weathering Migraine Storms : Have fun with the Queen-Bee while she tries, mostly unsuccessfully, to master Migraines, Marriage, Motherhood and a myriad of other things possible. Throw in an over-grown, drooling, big-headed dog, and two strange cats and you've got the makings of, uhh fun??? Definitely!!
Somebody Heal Me : News and information about Migraine disease and related health issues from a Migraineur who also deals with depression.

Paul

The rewards for those who persevere far exceed the pain that must precede the victory.
- Engstrom

2 comments

2 Comments:

Congratulations! The award is well deserved.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7 July 2007 at 09:47  

I'm a member of a NDPH support group in a site called www.mdjunction.com, you should check it out !!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8 July 2007 at 01:32  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?