How many weeks has it been?

Friday, January 18, 2008


Every have one of those cycles where you aren't exactly sure when the 'new' cluster headaches began? This is probably more of an issue for a chronic sufferer as apposed to those who have a cycle or two a year. How can I not know when a new cycle starts? Who knows exactly. In the beginning, I find able to deal with the pain levels better. As the days turn into weeks the life is sucked out of me. Like a slow leak. In time the container will be empty.

I think this cycle started sometime around the beginning of December so the end should be, hopefully, on the horizon. At the start of the 4th to 5th week, especially with higher intensity attacks, is when I begin to wear down. The lack of continuous, deep sleep is definitely a major factor. The irritability that is unique to pain certainly does not make matter any easier. Currently I am on edge for most of the day. Luckily I am still able to "bite my tongue" as it were. Right now I am at the point where the pain has ground me down to where I feel each attack more. Trying to 'focusing away the pain' becomes harder and harder. Still ice packs are my closest allies. With a bit of luck there should only be at most a week. Lets hope the one afterwards with be a little less intense.

Paul

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
-Lance Armstrong

2 comments

2 Comments:

just checking in to make sure you are ok? hope all is well!

By Blogger Jackie, at 13 April 2008 at 13:05  

Hi Jackie, Thank you for saying hi ;) The last several months have involved one cluster cycle after another. They don't seem to want to end. Hopefully it will be over soon.

Paul

By Blogger Versilleus, at 22 April 2008 at 11:00  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?