Massive Seizure

Sunday, June 15, 2008


Last night, roughly, I had a huge seizure and woke up hours later. When I came around, there was a bite mark on my tongue and my lip was fat. The next 12 hours or so were spent recovering. It is amazing just how much energy is sucked out of oneself from a seizure. Not to mention the mess from the things I was carrying. My new place has hardwood floors instead of soft apartment carpet so the joints tend to take a bit of a beating on the fall. Could have been worse. At least I didn't bash my head into anything. Hitting it into a corner probably won't be a good thing. On the plus side, I'll be able to see what is causing my head to hurt ;) This happens from time to time. Usually when the pain is horrendous for too long. The scary part about this one was that no one was around to check that I wasn't hurt. But I guess that's life.

I want to thank everyone for all of support over the last while. It has meant a lot and will be replying as soon as I can muster up a bit of free time and energy.

Paul

I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.
-Robert Brault

5 comments

5 Comments:

Dang Paul, I feel for you man. I've been battling chronic cluster headaches, migraines and something called SUNCT. I've been on sick leave for two years now, and it looks like I'm going on disability for the next year.

I've also had seizures similar to what you describe here. They are terrifying as all heck, especially when there's nobody around to help you. However, as you say, "what can you do?"

I've had great success keeping my cluster headaches in check by taking some homeopathic remedies from a doctor in San Rafael, California. Have you tried any homeopathic treatments?

By Blogger Yoki, at 16 June 2008 at 03:44  

Unfortunately I haven't been able to afford treatments treatments. I am up for trying most types of treatments and more so when others have had good success with them. My cousin had it work wonders for her migraines.

It is great to hear that they worked for you. Maybe to the cost will be cheaper now that I am in a smaller town. Here's to hoping!

How long did it take before you noticed a change in pain levels or them ceasing?

Paul

By Blogger Versilleus, at 18 June 2008 at 06:32  

Hello blog with soccer cartoons ..... In you would find some players of word…. Greetings

By Blogger Artalexis, at 19 June 2008 at 11:49  

???? I don't follow what you are trying to get across Artalexis.

By Blogger Versilleus, at 21 June 2008 at 17:34  

The homeopathic remedies take about two-three weeks to really kick in.

I can actually feel my cluster headaches lessen in effect earlier than that though. They sort of don't hurt as much, but I still tear up, etc.

The treatment I received from Dr. Ikenze cost me only about $100 for consultation by phone and shipping me the necessary remedies. I don't know how much my initial visit cost as my in-laws paid for it.

You might at least want to give her a call? You reach her at (415) 258-9600, she's in San Anselmo, California.

By Blogger Yoki, at 20 July 2008 at 03:40  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?