Happy New Years!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008


Happy New Year my fellow demon battlers! Let this be a year without pain or cluster attacks.
But before I sign-off my last post for 2008, I came across an article which the "FDA is ordering a Warning for Anti-epileptic Drugs About Increased Risk of Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviours". The medications included are also "used to treat psychiatric disorders, migraines, and other conditions."
Suicide Risk Warnings for Epilepsy Drugs. Scary thought. Having epilepsy this is a bit of concern for me. The above article gives a list of the medications that are required to have the warning as well as more in-depth information. As always talk to your doctor and pharmacist about your options. I hope this benefits others.

Wishing everyone the best in 2009!

Paul

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
-Mark Twain

1 comments

1 Comments:

Millions of people suffer from the same affliction you do.

Have you ever heard of the NTI? For some, clenching and grinding of the jaw serves as a catalyst for migraine inducing strain on the muscles in the head and face. One way for patients to treat their TMJ pain is a small thermoplastic device that prevents the the posterior teeth from touching. The device is called the NTI-tss Plus. In clinical trials reviewed by the FDA, 82% of medically diagnosed migraine sufferers using the NTI-tss had a 77% average reduction of migraine pain attacks within the first eight weeks of use.

Visit www.theheadacheremedy.com for more information.

By Blogger Unknown, at 12 January 2009 at 07:32  

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?