Taking a break between attacks

Friday, January 15, 2010


Well it's late and I am still tender from my 1 a.m. bout. My eye feels like the 'hot poker' broke off inside. The next one should be fun. The fragment will be pushed further in until I'm clawing furiously to remove it. Just another next in chronic clusterville.

Now there is only another hour to go till my next one. No sense and trying to go to bed. With my days and nights completely reversed. Everything seems, well, distance. Like I'm looking through someone else's eyes. Ever since I "just gave up". Not in the hopeless sense. I don't care about them anymore. Don't think it will last. Hopefully it won't stay for much longer. Being able to focus pain away is a great trick to learn. The clusters feel just as distance. They haven't lessen in intensity and yet they don't register. It is bizarre. When I have a bit more time maybe I'll write about how I focus the pain so I don't have to head bang.

But it is time to get prepared for my next attack. Would you care to dance beast? I'll lead...

Paul

Melancholy sees the worst of things,—things as they may be, and not as they are. It looks upon a beautiful face, and sees but a grinning skull.
-Christian Nestell Bovee

Labels:


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Medical terminology can cause confusion at the best of times. If there is a word you do not understand all you have to do is double-click on it and the definition will appear! Don't forget to drop me a line by email at versilleus@gmail.com with your comments, questions‚ recommended resources‚ concerns‚ & especially your experiences with clusters. Or come find me on my Facebook Profile to add me as a Friend. Whether you are a supporter‚ care-giver or sufferer. I would love to hear from you!

*Please do not use this information for self diagnoses. Writing about my experiences with chronic cluster headaches & epilepsy is a good outlet for me. Consult your Dr. with any kind of headache or chronic pain you may have. The 3rd party links on my site I have found to be a good resource to me over the past few years & dearly hope they will benefit you as well.*


[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?